Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, June 14, 2014

· Citrus Coasters ·


These citrus coasters seemed like just the cheery sort of addition our coffee table needed! :-)

They were a Pinterest-inspired idea which I finally got around to making last summer. They were so fun and such an instant gratification that I'm glad I made the effort to getting around to them! :-)


The process was simple: two 3 1/2" circles of colored felt, one 3 1/4" circle of cream felt, and then one 2 1/2" circle of colored felt cut into 8 segments.


 I cut tiny triangle "seeds" out of 3 segments and then stitched each segment through the cream layer and one colored layer with matching embroidery floss.  

Finally, I finished it off by attaching the second colored circle and stitching around the edge.



Voila!  A great beginner project, but still fun for the more experienced seamstress. :-)


Now I'm inspired to go do some of my other Pinterest ideas..... ;-)

· Photos by Kathryn ·

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! They are definitely perfect for summer.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute! You should do sets of these in your Etsy shop - I'd bet they'd sell really well and it's the perfect time of year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun little additions to a household! The colors are really charming! Well done!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Lily! I would like to award you the Liebster Award! Your blog is interesting and inspirational! For more information, please look here: http://pourlavictoire.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html (: Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com